Mark represents plaintiffs in medical malpractice, legal malpractice, and serious personal injury cases.
- Mark is a past President of the Washington State Bar Association. Prior to serving as President Mark was a State Bar Association Governor and the Association’s Treasurer.
- Mark is an elected Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. “Fellowship in the American College of Trial Lawyers is extended only by invitation, after careful investigation, to experienced trial lawyers who have mastered the art of advocacy and whose professional careers have been marked by the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism, civility and collegiality. Although there are currently more than 5,700 Fellows across the U.S. and Canada, membership can never be more than 1% of the total lawyer population of any state or province.” See, http://www.actl.com/.
- Mark is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell – the highest peer review rating.
- Mark has been listed in every edition of the Best Lawyers in America since 1995.
- Mark was profiled in the 2012 November issue of the King County Bar Association’s publication Bar News. To read his profile click here.
- Mark has been named the Best Lawyers Publishing’s Seattle Legal Malpractice Lawyer of the Year three times.
- Mark was the recipient of the Professionalism Award for the Washington State Bar Association’s 2018 APEX Awards. (Video below.)
In addition to serving as the WSBA’s President and as a Governor and its Treasurer Mark Has:
- Chaired or co-chaired every year of the WSBA’s Conference on the Law of Lawyering since 2003.
- Chaired a task force charged with resolving the issue of the trust account treatment of advanced deposits towards received by attorneys from clients. The rules drafted by the task force were approved by the Washington State Supreme Court.
- Chaired a task force that drafted the first comprehensive set of Character and Fitness rules for the WSBA. The rules were adopted without change by the Washington State Supreme Court
Mark is a frequent speaker and author on legal ethics, malpractice, risk management and other issues important to the practice of law and the justice system. He has spoken at over 25 Continuing Legal Education programs (CLE) and has authored over 40 articles and CLE papers.
Areas of Practice
- Serious Personal-Injury
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Association for Justice, Member
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Elected Fellow
- American Association for Justice, Member